Category: Community

I HATE Separatists?

There’s nothing wrong with being colorful when demolishing a falsehood and there’s nothing wrong with robust and vigorous debate… in fact, there’s everything right about that process. The continued tradition of robust debate around language, the objective merits of Separatism vs Inclusionism, communal goals, etc. is a sign of health and should be valued. Community is about unity and NOT uniformity.

Floccinaucinihilipilification

This post is a collection of randomness that didn’t warrant its own post; so, I thought I’d lump it all together here…  Dana Lane Taylor took down her site after I issued my challenge: After defending the show, ABC’s Work It was canceled and replaced with reruns. . Some YouTube comments I’ve gotten this week: “oh my god fuckin freaks, […]

More Separatist Crap

We can either go the route of Harvey Milk or we can go the route of the Mattachines.

Conversation Between a Separatist and an Inclusionist

As some of you know, I had invited Dana Taylor to do a discussion on BlogTV. While she declined (she said she didn’t trust me) Deena was willing to take her place. Here’s the raw video clips from the conversation. BlogTV only lets me record in 10 min. increments, so there’s some conversation missing between […]

Cook-Riley, Frye and Frederickson: Pioneers of the Modern Trans Community

I’ve noticed that some of the folks who claimed that the “transgender community” didn’t exist until after the mid 1990s seem to be curling their toes after a wonderful interview with Yvonne Cook-Riley was published. They seem to feel that her story wipes away all the documented cooperative group efforts by transsexuals and non-transsexuals going […]

BlogTV on TS Separatism: Dana Taylor Invited

Dana Taylor vs Cristan Williams I agree with a recent commenter: @ Dana and Cristan. This is getting absurd. Please call each other on the phone and discuss these issues. Texting is fraught with perils. You may disagree with each other but at least if you can have a civil voice conversation you both ought […]

The Problem of Evidence for TS Separatists

I recently did a 2-part article for the Bilerico Project on Trans History and how it is relevant to some of the debates taking place on the internet over language . Starting off the article I noted: Additionally, I’ve noticed that there are a number of distinct arguments going on. They seem to be blending […]

History Repeating Itself: We’ve Been Here Before

Over the past few weeks, I’ve published a number of historical records that seem to indicate that some of the discussions concerning  the historical pedigree of the term ‘transgender’ aren’t 100% accurate. Another thing that I’ve discovered recently is that the drama surrounding our terminology within the trans community seems to be nothing new. Consider […]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...